HealthStar Home Health provides unparalleled public healthcare services through stewardship, honor-driven values, and a genuine desire to serve individuals in our community. We are a culturally sensitive healthcare team that provides services to individuals who are traditionally underserved. In an effort to expand the range of healthcare services offered to our clients, HealthStar Home Health now offers a Behavioral Health Home program.
What is Behavioral Health Home?
BHH (behavioral health home) refers to a model of care focused on integration of primary care, acute, behavioral health and social services and supports for adults with mental health conditions. Delivered either in the patient’s home or in a group setting, such as an assisted living community, BHH services utilize a multidisciplinary team to provide person-centered services designed to support a person in coordinating care and services while reaching his or her health and wellness goals.
Who is eligible for BHH Care?
BHH is for adults, 18 years and older, who have a qualifying mental health condition and who are enrolled in medical assistance. Qualifying mental health conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Generalized Anxiety
- Major Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorders
- Schizophrenia Disorders
Individuals who do not have a formal diagnosis or who are not sure if their mental health condition will qualify them for services are encouraged to call our office at 651-633-7300. A HealthStar Home Health BHH staff member can provide additional information.
What BHH services are available with HealthStar?
Behavioral health home services typically focus on delivering client-centered services designed to support an individual in coordinating care and services while reaching his or her health and wellness goals. End goals of the HealthStar Home Health BHH program include:
- Comprehensive Care Management – A collaborative process designed to manage medical, social, and mental health conditions more effectively
- Care Coordination – Implementation and monitoring of holistic plan to help identify appropriate linkages, referrals, coordination and follow-up to needed services and supports
- Health Promotion Services – Encourage and support healthy living concepts to motivate individuals to adopt healthy behaviors and promote better health management and wellness
- Comprehensive Transitional Care – Specialized care coordination services that focus on the movement of individuals between different levels of care settings
- Referral to Community and Social Support Services – Identify and provide referrals including but not limited to, medical and behavioral health care, entitlements and benefits, respite, housing, transportation, legal services, educational and employment, as well as many other specialized and supportive services
- Individual and Family Support Services – Activities, materials, or services aimed to help reduce barriers to achieving goals, increase health literacy and self-efficacy skills as well as improving health outcomes
The behavioral health home program coordinates and integrates well with other services we offer individuals in the communities HealthStar Home Health serves. Services such as home health care, mental health services for children as well as adults, and personal care are how we help make strong communities and families and enable individuals of all ages to live more independent lives.
How do I get started?
HealthStar Home Health is proud to offer culturally-relevant services that address the unique needs of our population. Contact HealthStar Home Health directly by calling 651-633-7300 for more information or to schedule a no-charge consultation. Care coordinators, care managers, and health care professionals are also welcome to call for general information. To learn more about HealthStar Home Health and the range of services we offer, visit our website: www.healthstarhomehealth.net.