Hospice Services Coming Soon!
For questions regarding our Hospice services, please contact:
Jessica Downs, Hospice Administrator
What is Hospice?
Hospice is a specialized type of care to help you or your loved one take control of your life and your disease process. Hospice care can take place in a variety of settings: a private residence, assisted living community, nursing home, or wherever you call home.
Hospice is designed to help the client and family with the physical, emotional, and spiritual resources needed to make the most of every moment.
A Team of Professionals
HealthStar Home Health and Hospice’s team of professionals will work with the client and family to provide care that matters most to them. Our interdisciplinary, professionally trained team are available to clients and their family 24-hours a day:
- A Hospice Physician who is trained to provide the care and comfort needed for advanced illness.
- Registered Nurses who will assess, organize, and implement your care plan with a focus on relieving pain and increasing comfort
- Social Workers who provide emotional care, while also helping obtain financial and community resources
- Chaplains who will provide emotional and spiritual support, and who will partner with your own clergy
- Hospice Aides provide personal care and hygiene services, light housekeeping, and occasional shopping
- Volunteers to provide companionship when its needed