In an effort to coordinate and integrate primary and behavioral health care to improve the experience of care and the health of those with mental health issues, HealthStar Home Health now offers a Behavioral Health Home program.
BHH (Behavioral Health Home) refers to a model of care focused on integration of primary care, acute, behavioral health and social services and supports for adults with mental health conditions. The goal of BHH services are to improve health outcomes, improve the experience of care for the patient, improve quality of life, and reduce health care costs. HealthStar Home Health’s BHH program offers better coordination and integration of primary and behavioral health care which improves the experience of care and the overall health of this population.
Who is eligible?
BHH is for adults (18+) who have a qualifying mental health condition and who are enrolled in medical assistance. Qualifying mental health conditions include, but are not limited to:
• Generalized Anxiety
• Major Depression
• Bipolar Disorder
• Borderline Personality Disorders
• Schizophrenia Disorders
What services are available?
Behavioral Health Home services focus on a person-centered approach where each individual will utilize a multidisciplinary team to coordinate care and services while reaching his or her health and wellness goals. HealthStar Home Health’s BHH services offer:
• Comprehensive Care Management. A collaborative process designed to manage medical, social, and mental health conditions more effectively
• Care Coordination. Implementation and monitoring of holistic plan to help identify appropriate linkages, referrals, coordination and follow-up to needed services and supports
• Health Promotion Services. Encourage and support healthy living concepts to motivate individuals to adopt healthy behaviors and promote better health management and wellness
• Comprehensive Transitional Care. Specialized care coordination services that focus on the movement of individuals between different levels of care settings
• Referral to Community and Social Support Services. Identify and provide referrals including but not limited to, medical and behavioral health care, entitlements and benefits, respite, housing, transportation, legal services, educational and employment, as well as many other specialized and supportive services
• Individual and Family Support Services. Activities, materials, or services aimed to help reduce barriers to achieving goals, increase health literacy and self-efficacy skills as well as improving health outcomes
If you or your loved one does not have a formal diagnosis or if you’re not sure if their mental health condition will qualify them for services, give us a call. HealthStar Home Health has BHH dedicated staff members that can answer your questions and provide all the information you need.