Working as a caregiver can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life! Common types of caregivers include Personal Care Assistants (PCA), Home Health Aides (HHA) and Homemakers (HMK). A caregiver is someone who helps another individual with his or her Activities of Daily Living (ALDs). ALDs are basic self care tasks that may include dressing, transferring (walking), grooming and eating.
Some caregivers may also assist with preparing meals, managing medications and housework/cleaning. Helping someone with these tasks means you are giving them a better quality of life. You might enjoy working as a caregiver if:
- You enjoy working with others in a one-on-one setting
- You enjoy working with older adults, and can get along with a variety of personalities
- You enjoy putting a smile on someone’s face
- You prefer a “hands-on” type of job, rather than sitting at a desk
- You are excited about learning new skills, have an exceptional attention to detail, and are quick to think on your feet!
Interested in becoming a caregiver with HealthStar Home Health? We offer paid training for those looking to become a PCA, HMK, or HHA. You must be able to pass a background check, and have a reliable source of transportation. This is a career where you have the flexibility to work with your own schedule, as long as it meets our clients needs. You can work as little as you’d like, or up to full-time.
To apply, please fill out our Application for Employment.